The UKLTA is looking for student representatives to become part of a growing community of top law and technology firms.
Applications are now open for the 2023/24 academic year. Complete our application form >>>
With over 85 organisational members, the UKLTA is dedicated to building a community where legal professionals, technology providers and consumers of legal services can come together in order to help shape the future of legal services delivery collaboratively.
As a UKLTA student representative, you will be the voice of the next generation of legal professionals. You will be invited to take part in creating events and working with member firms on important initiatives. You will also have access to join our sub-committees should you wish to.
Why is the UKLTA interested in students?
- Universities have started adding modules and whole courses in legal technology
- By supplementing that activity we can foster greater awareness of legal technology in law students
- When students graduate they will carry that knowledge into the law firms they work for
- We hope that graduates will become advocates for the UKLTA when they enter the workplace and help us reach more law firms
Why do we want Student Representatives?
- Your experiences can help shape our activities
- You know how best to communicate with your peers
- You are better connected to your University than we are
As a representative, you will benefit from the following:
- Build a profile and connections within the legal and legal technology space
- Networking opportunities with law and technology firms from across the United Kingdom, and a wealth of experts across the legal sector.
- Being part of a community of progressive thinkers and influencers in the delivery of legal technology and networking within that community.
- Benefit from the knowledge and experience brought by a range of professions with a shared interest in legal technology.
- Having the opportunity to test and pilot technology solutions prior to them being available on the market.
- Add “UKLTA Student Representative” to your CV & LinkedIn Profile
Expectations and requirements
Each term representative will be expected to engage with your fellow students and:
- offer free UKLTA membership to them
- let them know about our Certificate in Legal Technology
- invite them along to our online events
- You need to be over 18 years of age
- A current student registered at a UK university and living in the UK
- Willing to serve a term of one academic year
- Happy to organise at least one UKLTA online event each year
- Attendance at online events and meetings
Please note: This opportunity is open to students studying disciplines other than law/legal technology.